Signal propagation measurement
The measurements of the WiFi network carried out by our specialists include comprehensive tests of individual parameters of the WiFi network. The basic test is to check the signal strength in a real environment. Then we verify the signal coverage in the tested area. We simulate coverage of the area with a signal in the event of failure of one or more access points. Our offer includes measurements and analysis of problems in wireless networks in offices, production halls and warehouses.
Standard wifi network analysis and measurements include:
- examination and analysis of the use of channels in the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz bands by the client's system and analysis of inter-channel interference,
- testing the signal strength of access points used in the customer's environment, including the occurrence of dead zones in the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz bands,
- testing the signal strength in the event of failure of one or more access points,
- study of the impact of other wireless networks on the client's environment. SNR (signal to noise ratio) measurements, including the occurrence of rogue APs,
- analysis of the entire radio spectrum for the presence of foreign networks and interference, including interference not coming from 802.11 systems,
- application problems resulting from wireless network problems, such as customer roaming, VoIP/Video problems (jitter, packet loss, round trip packet),
- examination and analysis of system capacity, including access point performance.
During our measurements of the wifi network, we use professional software and equipment that allows us to visually analyze problems, and also gives us a set of tools for the so-called "live troubleshooting" of wireless networks.